New waterlily painting from this summer.
This time I went to take some photos at summer cottage on a row boat. It was a bit later in the afternoon and the sun was shining beautifully in the water, making the bit murky water shine in oranges from my angle when I was dangling in the front of the boat.
So I chose to paint this a bit unusual colored version with some shade from the boat while sun was still working its magic on the water. There were some other nice reference options as well, but I started off with this one.
I used masking fluid to cover the flower and some lines, and again with success! I applied the fluid in thin layer using a brush.
This was painted fully using St. Petersburg White Nights watercolors (pans) and on Bockingford Aquarelle paper (300GSM).